Provincial Drainage – Water Management Conference.
A realistic approach to water management for agriculture producers.
The Council, at their last regular meeting on October 12, 2016, decided to offer a “Single Stream” recycling program to landowners of the RM of Walpole. This is a system in which all recycle materials – fiber, plastics, tin and aluminum – are placed, unsorted, in the Recycle Container.
Coming soon – a 6 yard metal bin will be placed within the confinement of the Wawota Transfer Station by LORAAS Disposal. The Council are asking that everyone within the RM of Walpole that wishes to be a part of this recycling program make every effort to abide by the following:
- Hours for recycling are the same hours as the Transfer Station – starting November 1st to March 31st on Saturdays only from Noon to 4 pm; from April 1st to October 31st on Wednesdays from 1 pm – 7 pm & Saturdays from Noon to 5 pm (times may change if required with minimum amount of notice);
- The bin will be picked up when full so if it is full when you arrive, please take your stuff home and come back a different time. We are sorry for any inconvenience however if the program is successful then the schedule will be adjusted for more regular pickups at a later date;
- There is no charge for this service however you must check in with the Gate keeper to identify yourself as a Walpole landowner;
- Do not “bag” recycled products – items are to be placed “loose” in the bin however shredded paper or small items can be put in clear bags and placed in the bin (you can bring things “bagged” but you must open the bags and dump contents into the bin);
- Accepted: (1) Cardboard, Boxboard, Office paper, Newsprint, Junk Mail, Magazines and Catalogues, (2) Plastic Containers, Milk Cartons & Plastic Milk Jugs, Shrink Wrap & Plastic Bags (#1 – #7 plastics, check container bottom for symbol & number), (3) Tin and Aluminum Cans (must be clean, with or without labels) and (4) Household bottles and jars (rinsed).
- NOT accepted: Styrofoam, ceramics, light bulbs, solid cardboard, hazardous chemical containers, scrap metal, car parts, plastic toys or household garbage;
- For a complete list of all acceptable recycled items, visit www.loraas.ca/recycle/education/acceptable-materials
- Please – take care – follow the standard “recycling” guidelines – lets see this service thrive in our municipality!
Please check out our newly created facebook page, don’t forget to “like” it! We’re got lots of updates coming and are working hard to get our new website filled with all the important information you need to know!
Pay by date and discounts for taxes:
August 31 = 6% discount
Sept 30 = 5%
Oct 31 = 4%
Nov 30 = 2%
Dec 31 = no discount